Sunday, January 16, 2011

What a fun First term! What's Happened and What's up Next?



Hello All,

What happened last term you ask?

Well fun art projects were completed with groups from the first year in-residence students.
Participation was great, on average between 8- 15 students from floor.
The vast majority of the projects were completed.
Any that were not, I am making myself available to any students who wish to complete them. Please just send me an email or come to the drop in studio Wednesday at 7:30, meet in the grad lobby.

Dons were integral in organizing and rounding up students for the events-
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

I have had continuous open studios on Wednesday nights, attended by a handful of students regularly working on additional artwork that was driven by their own personal interests. I hope to expand this to more students this term. Come out to one- it's Free!
Free coffee and snacks too!!

I started an afternoon art class for Children (accompanied by moms) and evening class for adults who are residents of the Grad building. I hope to continue and expand this term!
 
This Term

I have successfully installed my printmaking press into the studio YAY!!
We should be up and running with workshops starting soon, send me an email to sign up!
Nicolebattista@gmail.com

I will be having an open coffee house to students and faculty soon, so people can visit the studio, see the press, have a coffee and get more familiar with what I’m doing.
Date and Time- TBA

Finished student projects will be shown at the February community dinner and the students will pick a winning floor for a pizza party for the students that participated.

A more formal student exhibition, with selected works, would be best to coincide with the annual black forest coffee house in March for selected participating student artists!!

Email me to get involved!

Cheers,
Nicole